Nov. 5, 2016
It is not uncommon knowledge that school isn’t always the best place for you to go when you are not in a good mood. It adds on layers of discomfort, weariness, anxiety, and worst of all, homework. It ins’t easy to stay positive and happy in that situation, and that is quite a problem. So,in this post, I will be showing you guys some tips to stay happy and healthy in school!
- Get as much homework done as fast as you can. I have some tips for doing that here.
- Eat breakfast. It might be tempting to skip, but you have to remember that there is no such thing as working well on an empty stomach.
- Drink water. Staying hydrated is one of the best things you can do to stay healthy. Here are some cute, BPA free water bottles to inspire you to stay hydrated.
- Try to exercise every day. Exercise is one of those activities that you know is good for you, but you just don’t feel like doing. But trust me, if you participate in a physical activity say, five times a week as opposed to once a month when you run the mile in gym, then you will definitely feel a lot healthier.
- Avoid all-nighters. You will wake up feeling groggy and discombobulated. It is always optimal to get a good night’s sleep. In short, don’t cram the night before a test!
- Wash your hands whenever you can. After you go to the bathroom, before lunch, whenever. Schools are usually an optimal breeding place for bacteria, so always wash your hands!
- Give yourself a break. Once in a while, it is okay to let yourself loose for a few minutes. Don’t break your back with work, just take a deep breath and relax every few minutes.
- Get help. If you don’t understand something, or if you just need help working out a problem, ask for help. It doesn’t do you any good to try and figure it out by yourself- you’ll just end up making a mistake.
- Keep your backpack from being too heavy. If you are cramming all of your books in there at once, one of to things will happen. A) You rip your backpack and everything spills all over the hallway, or much more like, B) You strain your back and suffer from constant aches.
- Create a sigil. A sigil is a symbol created out of a word that has meaning to you. You can find how to make one here, along with some other ideas.